CRIW CELF: GALWAD AGORED / OPEN CALL
OPEN CALL TO VISUAL ARTS COMMUNITY ARTISTS
CRIW CELF CEREDIGION
[BASED AT ABERYSTWYTH ARTS CENTRE]
Criw Celf is a project for keen and talented young artists between 10 and 18 years of age. It is part of a national scheme to nurture young talent in the Visual Arts.
The creative workshops aim to expand the young person's knowledge of art, master new techniques, experiment, build confidence and develop their own visual language.
Participants are encouraged to show the artworks created at Criw Celf sessions to their art teachers. As a result, some artworks are incorporated into examination portfolios.
There is a possibility that work produced by the young people will be exhibited in a special exhibition at the Arts Centre.
The project is funded by the Arts Council of Wales and supported by Powys County Council, and Aberystwyth Arts Centre works in partnership with Peak and Oriel Davies.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
We are seeking expressions of interest from Visual Arts Community Artists with a strong track record in the participatory arts. The EOI should include a covering letter, a CV, and a link to websites with examples of your work.
Criw Celf Ceredigion provides an opportunity for Visual Arts Community Artists to deliver master classes to young people (online or face-to-face) as well as build relationships with our arts organisations.
We are looking to recruit diverse artists with experience and energy in a whole host of various visual art forms, to bring a new perspective to Criw Celf.
Artists from all cultures and backgrounds, emerging and established, are welcome to apply.
Artists will need to be confident in delivering ‘in-person’ workshop suitable for both school age groups. Years 5 & 6 and Years 7-13.
• Artists will be required to deliver a morning and an afternoon workshop
• One workshop needs to be suitable for Primary age 10-11 years and the second workshop needs to be suitable for Secondary age 12-18 years.
• Artists will need to have a proven track record of engaging with participants in inclusive arts activities with a clear and coherent artistic vision.
• Artists will need to liaise closely with the project co-ordinator to encapsulate the visions of Criw Celf.
• Workshop submissions are encouraged to take inspiration and relate to the existing exhibitions programme at the Arts Centre.
• Artists will need to work in a safe and professional manner to comply with relevant health and safety legislation, and the Welsh Government’s restrictions with regard to COVID-19.
• Artists will need to work with others to provide risk assessments in line with the organisations’ Health & Safety policies prior to undertaking activities.
• Artists will need to follow the Aberystwyth University’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
Aberystwyth Arts Centre is committed to developing and promoting equality and diversity across our practices. We aim to work, study and provide an inclusive culture, free from discrimination and upholding the values of respect, dignity and courtesy. Every person has the right to be treated in accordance with these values. We are committed to advancing equality on the grounds of age, disability, sex and sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion and belief (including lack of belief), marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and to embrace intersectionality and raise awareness between and across different groups.
HOW TO APPLY
Expressions of interest to run Visual Arts workshops should be emailed to email@example.com by midday, Monday 16 May 2022.
Applicants will be shortlisted and invited to prepare a detailed workshop proposal, to present to our Criw Celf co-ordinator, Creative Learning Manager and Visual Arts Manager (Curator) – date TBC.
The opportunity is open to all artists, emerging and experienced, who meet the requirements listed above.
• Artist fee – £250 a day
• Workshop dates – 18-23 July 2022
• Closing date for EOI – midday, Monday 16 May 2022
Please direct enquiries to Rachael Taylor, Criw Celf Ceredigion project co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
[forthcoming 2022 exhibitions at Aberystwyth Arts Centre https://www.aberystwythartscentre.co.uk/whats-on/exhibitions ]