Aberystwyth University Arts Centre Advisory Board
Terms of Reference
- To advise the University on the Arts Centre’s contribution to the cultural life of Wales, Ceredigion, Aberystwyth and the University
- To review the Art Centre’s performance and delivery of its artistic programme and financial objectives
- To promote the Arts Centre’s contribution towards the cultural life of the region
- To review and advise on the Centre’s Strategic Plan and Business Plans
- Three representatives of Aberystwyth University
- One representative of Aberystwyth University’s Council
- One nominee of Arts Council Wales
- One representative of Ceredigion County Council
- One nominee of Aberystwyth Town Council
- Two co-opted external individuals with relevant professional experience, one of whom to be from an arts based background
There is an option to co-opt up to an additional two external individuals with relevant experience if required.
Arts Centre Officers in attendance: Director of the Arts Centre as Senior Officer, Arts Centre Finance Accountant, and Deputy Director of the Arts Centre.
Members that are not University officers will serve for a term of up to three years and may serve for two terms concurrently with the support of other members of the Board.
The Advisory Board will report to University Executive, and from there onwards to the Finance and Strategy Committee and the University Council.
The Advisory Board will meet three times per year, plus occasional extraordinary meetings if required.
The minutes and agendas of the meetings will be published on the Arts Centre’s website. Membership details, including short biographies of each individual on the Board will also be published online, as will the Terms of Reference.